Tuesday, January 20, 2009







So far in Thailand I have traveled to Koh Samet and Koh Chang which are 2 islands southeast of Bangkok, and also various temples around Bangkok. On Koh Samet, we took a boat tour where we snorkeled in coral reefs and fished in the ocean. While on Koh Chang, we rode elephants and actually swam with them too! It was so much fun riding the elephants and definitely a worthwhile experience! In Bangkok, the temples are beautiful and enormous. A few of my friends and I also had the chance to get a Thai massage which was very relaxing and really cheap! I started school at Chulalongkorn University 2 weeks ago. For each class, we only meet once a week for 3 hours, which is very different from Madison. We also are required to wear uniforms, which I actually enjoy because then I don't have to worry about what I should wear everyday! Thailand is a very unique place and I'm starting to pick up a few key phrases in Thai. Sa-wat-dee-ka means hello! Korp Kun ka means thank you! The food here is amazing and I'm starting to eat more spicy food, and I can eat meals for as low as 60 cents! I don't know what I'll do when I come back to Wisconsin and will have to pay 5 dollars for a sandwich!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading of your adventures in Thailand, Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry... you'll eat Peruvian food for free anytime you'd like :)

    I truyly enjoy reading your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete